Today is Bob Marley's Birthday. He would have been 66 years old today if he were alive. So, to celebrate his advent on earth, I did one thing I never do. I did laundry!!! It is HUGE deal for me. Then I played all the Bob Marley songs in my iTunes playlist, and danced around my house and (gasps) CLEANED!! WTF is wrong with me? I am so not the cleaning, doing laundry type of person. Must be the magic of Bob Marley's lifting tunes. I sang along, got happy, and did yucky things like fold clothes, sort into piles, and put them away neatly. I am telling you the world is coming to an end soon. Run for your life! :)
I got to thinking what would this world look like if Bob Marley wasn't born? What would we miss out on? Could there have been another one who could feed our souls as Marley did? Is it possible that someone else can fill the void left by another, ever? Then does it mean that if I weren't born then someone else could have filled my energetic space? Would it matter if I am not here tomorrow? Would anyone notice other than my family, close friends, and people who I owe money to? The ego is so grandiose that it would like to think so but I am also aware of how terrific of a hallucination the self is. The ego gives my "self" a meaning that is attached to the me, myself, I, my needs, etc. When I lift the veil, I see how there is no concrete self. There is just us. Unified consciousness of good, bad, ugly, divine, perverted, raunchy, saintly us.And I hold no judgment for any version of us. Consciousness has to manifest to feel itself and so here we are.
I have gratitude for Bob Marley's choice of this blue planet to spend some of his time. I am attaching one of Marley's classic, "One Love" below. I am not religious. But when Marley sings it, I hear messages of unity and love and it doesn't bother me.
I have gratitude for Bob Marley's choice of this blue planet to spend some of his time. I am attaching one of Marley's classic, "One Love" below. I am not religious. But when Marley sings it, I hear messages of unity and love and it doesn't bother me.
No comments:
Post a Comment